Update: as per the application process outlined in this post – we are no longer accepting board applications. We wish to thank those who responded! Please be aware that you will have future opportunities to apply for board membership if you missed the deadline this year.
Founded in January 2016, The East Cut Community Benefit District (The East Cut CBD) is dedicated to improving the neighborhood’s quality of life for residents, workers, and visitors by providing a safer more secure community, enhancing environmental aesthetics and beauty, and reinforcing the viability of the neighborhood’s economic base.
The East Cut CBD is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Directors (the “Board”). The Board oversees the CBD’s management and operations as led by its paid staff, and is responsible for the District’s long-range planning. It is comprised of up to a maximum of 23 members who represent various stakeholders in the District:
- 7 residents (either homeowners or renters)
- 7 commercial property owners
- 5 non-property-owning business operators
- 2 non-profit organization or affordable housing representatives
- 1 representative from the Office of Community Investment & Infrastructure (OCII)
- 1 representative from the Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA).
As we prepare for our sixth year of operations, we are soliciting applicants from neighborhood residents to join our Board of Directors. To ensure diverse representation, residential complexes (such as a condominium development), commercial property owners, non-property-owning businesses, non-profit organizations, and affordable housing complexes may not have more than one representative on the Board at a time.
The East Cut CBD currently has residential board members from:
- The Infinity
- One Rincon Hill
- 88 Guy Place
- 346 1st Street
- 388 Beale Street
- Millennium Tower
To be considered in this call for residential board members, you cannot live in one of the complexes identified above.
- Nominees must actively participate on a Board Committee.
- Nominees must help raise funds for the Board and its activities.
- Nominees must support the goals and policies of the Board.
- Nominees must attend all regular Board and Committee meetings.
We are not merely seeking nominees to fill a seat. Rather, we seek active and committed East Cut residents who have a substantial connection with the District, and who seek to substantially improve the District.
A simple online application can be found here.
All Board Application forms must be received by Sunday, November 28th, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Thank you for your support in making The East Cut CBD one of the most dynamic districts in the City of San Francisco!
– Katina Johnson, President
– Andrew Robinson, Executive Director
The East Cut CBD Annual Meeting will be held on a weekday in December (date yet to be determined). At that time, The East Cut CBD Nominating Committee will nominate new members to be confirmed by the existing Board of Directors.