The East Cut Community Benefit District appreciates your interest in the naming process for Block 3 Park! The project, proposed for the middle third of the former Temporary Transbay Terminal at Howard and Beale streets, is sponsored by the Office of Community Investment & Infrastructure (OCII), designed by San Francisco Public Works, and will be owned and managed by the San Francisco Recreation & Parks Department once completed. The East Cut CBD is facilitating the naming process and will provide names recommended by the community to the Recreation & Parks Commission following this public process.
Naming ideas for Block 3 Park will be accepted between August 9 – 22, 2022.
In presenting and evaluating potential names for the park, The East Cut CBD recommends criteria such as:
- Non-person names that are indicative of
- the history of the neighborhood
- the park’s location
- characteristics of the park’s design
- Person or Persons, that have not otherwise been honored in the naming of a street, public space, or building, that have
- exhibited a longtime commitment of service to the Rincon Hill/Folsom/East Cut area
- lived, worked, or owned a business in the Rincon Hill/Folsom/East Cut Community
- made health, educational, or economic impact in the Rincon Hill/Folsom/East Cut Community